Bristol Valley Theater, a professional summer theater for over 50 years, is accepting resumes for a Carpenters for our 2022 summer season. We are located in upstate New York, an hour south of Rochester, in the scenic Finger Lakes Region.
The 2022 summer season, running June 16 – September 4, includes Heartbeat of America: The Classics of Country, Cowboy Vs Samurai, Once, The Book Club Play, It’s a Small World (World Premiere), and Amy and the Orphans.
Three Carpenters will be hired for a five week ‘Construction Pod’ from May 7 – 6/10 . Under the direction of the Technical Director they will construct all of the scenic elements for the season.
One Carpenter contract will be extended for an additional 12 weeks, through August 27, to assist TD with finishing work, load ins, change overs, strikes and assisting as needed.
Salary range for this position is $500-600 per week. Housing is provided at no cost to the employee.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
� Set up and preparation of the scene shop, stage space, and other theater facilities for the season’s work., including the strike of select remaining scenic elements of 2021 season.
� Construction of all scenic elements for the 2022 productions. Should be able to work quickly from drawings provided.
� Transport and load in select scenic elements for the first set of the season. Some elements of this set are already in place.
� Painting/priming of set pieces as time allows, if needed.
� Maintain proper use and safety procedures of all shop tools.
� Assist with inventory of stock pieces and tools.
� Comply with all company health and safety (including Covid 19) protocols.
� Assist with daily clean up and maintenance of the shop space.
� Attend production meetings as needed.
– Knowledge of wood construction, fabrication techniques. Welding and metalworking skills a plus.
– Understanding of how to interpret and work from construction drawings.
– Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
– Ability to work quickly without sacrificing safety or attention to detail.
– Preferred at least 1 year experience in a scenic shop, either professionally or the college equivalent.
– Excellent personal, organizational, time management and communication skills.
– Adaptability. Patience. Sense of humor. Passion.
– Must Be able to climb and work on a ladder
– Must be able to lift/ carry 50 pounds
-Driver’s license a plus. Own car a plus.
Please submit resume with cover letter and at least three references with phone numbers and email addresses to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email. Phone interviews are ongoing and will continue until the position is filled.
For 2022, all staff, designers and cast members must show proof of vaccination against COVID-19.